The WSIS Forum 2015 represents the world’s largest annual gathering of the ‘ICT for development’ community. The WSIS Forum, co-organized by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the United Nations Educational, Science and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), in close collaboration with all WSIS Action Line Facilitators/Co-Facilitators, has proven to be an efficient mechanism for coordination of multistakeholder implementation activities, information exchange, creation of knowledge, sharing of best practices and continues to provide assistance in developing multistakeholder andpublic/private partnerships to advance development goals. This forum will provide structured opportunities to network, learn and participate in multi-stakeholder discussions and consultations on WSIS implementation.
The organizers have announced the new Call for submission of success stories for the assignment of the 2015 edition of the WSIS Project Prizes, which represent a unique way of recognizing excellence in the implementation of WSIS outcomes. Project descriptions of the 2014 winning projects are reflected in the WSIS Stocktaking: Success Stories 2014 report.
The contest is organized into five phases:
- Phase I: 10 December – 10 February 2015 – Submission phase (Deadline for last submission: 23:00 Geneva time).
- Phase II: 10 February – 10 March 2015 – Nomination Phase. Revision of submitted projects by Expert Group that will result with a list of nominated projects.
- Phase III: 15 March – 1 May 2015 – Public Online Voting. Identification of three projects per category with the highest number of votes. (Deadline for casting last vote: 23:00 Geneva time)
- Phase IV: 2 May – 5 May 2015 – Selection of winning projects by the Expert Group that will result with a list of winning projects.
- Phase V: Announcement of winners to the public during WSIS Project Prizes 2015 Ceremony at WSIS Forum 2015, scheduled to be held from 25 to 29 May 2015, and the release of publication “WSIS Stocktaking: Success Stories 2015”, which is a compilation of extended descriptions of the 18 winning projects.