The BYND2015: Global Youth Summit which took place recently in San Jose, Costa Rica concluded successfully with over 600 young participants from 68 countries in attendance. Over 4,000 others participated virtually from 50 hubs in 30 countries in self-organized workshops. This includes some members of the telecentre community who hosted mini summits in their area and participated in online discussions.
According to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), the principal organizer of the three-day summit, over 1,000 unique ideas were generated in their crowdsourcing platform and thousands of people also joined the conversation via social media. The online conversation took place in 74 languages, where education, health and access to ICTS ranked as the highest trending topics.
- Global Youth Summit Main Site
- Summit Declaration in 6 languages – Costa Rica President Laura Chinchilla called this one of the best outcome documents she’s ever seen;
- Lots of great photographs from the Global Youth Summit and Hubs;
- Highlights from Day One, Day Two and Day Three;
- #BYND2015 Twitter Feed;
- Storify Social Curation;
- Great Highlights video shown at the closing ceremony.
Big thanks to everyone who supported the summit!
Source: The BYND2015 Crowdsourcing Team
Photo credits: ITU BYND2015 Flickr page